Sunday 20 April 2008

Befriending FriendFeed

A couple of days ago I tweeted to the world in general that Friendfeed - which I joined several weeks ago in a flush of enthusiasm - was "more complicated than a social network had any right to be".
And I was picked up on my gripe by Trinity Mirror's digital supremo David Black, who pointed out it was an aggregator rather than a network.
I figured he might have been right, but I still was falling out of love with FriendFeed.
This weekend that all changed. I can say, hand on heart, that I LOVE FriendFeed - and it's all thanks to Twhirl.
Twhirl is something I've been using for a while - it's a desktop Ttwitter client, based on the Adobe AIR platform which (among its many other functions) lets you post photos to Twitter, post to Jaiku and Pownce as well and now, thank God, has added FriendFeed to its abilities, after being acquired by Seesmic.
I found out about it here and loaded it on Saturday.
And it was so useful to have updates from friends and networks I was interested in appearing on my Twhirl/FriendFeed panel. Unfortunately, there's no way of mashing it up with my Twitter/Twhirl application so I have them sitting separately on the desktop but I can live with that... for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew you would be won round in the end!

Anonymous said...

Making gw gold is the old question : Honestly there is no fast way to make lots of GuildWars Gold . Sadly enough a lot of the people that all of a sudden come to with millions of Guild Wars Gold almost overnight probably duped . Although there are a lot of ways to make lots of GuildWars moneyhere I will tell you all of the ways that I know and what I do to make cheap gw gold.