Saturday 1 March 2008

Blidget building

So here I am, back from skiing less than 24 hours and instead of unpacking the suitcase I've been busy discovering how to turn this blog into a bligdet.
This would no doubt be the work of moments for anyone under 25 but it took me some serious effort, and not a few stomps around the room - plus a thrilling two minutes when I locked myself out of my Facebook profile after turning H&D (as I like to call it) into an application and uploading it to my profile.
Anyway, those of you who have a blog and would like to make it a blidget go to www.widgetbox.com and you'll find an idiot's guide to making your blog into a widget and spreading it around the world.
It was easier than I thought and and I now have a blidget logged with Widgetbox (although I am somewhat further down the popularity list than the divine Perez Hilton www.widgetbox.com/widget/perezhiltoncom).
I've also set up a blog badge so people can add my widget... and the strangest thing was that it was very satisfying being able to grasp the technology and do something with it.
I thought before I started it was going to be difficult and I'd end up abandoning the project halfway through.
Sometimes it's nice to be wrong.

2 comments:

David said...

I've only got six web tricks to impress people with and that's one of them! Stop!

Unknown said...

I know what you mean... I feel the same way when people Twitter me with their blogs. How does that work?!?