Tuesday 26 April 2011

Back to school

I wrote a post about how I felt like it was time to start learning again in March 2010 and now, finally, it's going to happen; next month I start up where I left off with UCLan's Journalism Leaders Course, with the ultimate goal being an MA.

The first assignment pack arrived this month, which has made the whole thing seem more real and brought home to me just how much work it will entail.
It's a bit daunting but I think the pressure of studying, combined with getting to grips with my not-quite-as-new-as-it-was job, will probably be a good thing.
There's a phrase I tend to overuse and it may not make much sense but it means a lot to me: "We don't know what we don't know". 
Last time I was at UCLan, there was so much I didn't know I didn't know that it was a pretty life-changing experience - how I work, where I work, what I think about a job I've done for years have all changed as a result of a 12 month course. It propelled me into a future I hadn't really thought about too much. 

And now I'm going to start finding out a whole bunch of new things I don't know I don't know. It should be fun; I hope it will make me a better journalist.


Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Coco~Caramel said...

Hello my name is Mariam Adesanya i am currently in university studying media dn journalism and for my current journalism project i am focusing on online journalism like blogs etc.I have been lookin at your blog and really like it and really like to interview you about your blog. if you could get back to me i would be very grateful. Thank You

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.