Wednesday 28 January 2009

My Retaggr card

I have a new toy; it's my Retaggr card. It took me about 15 minutes to set up (10 if Blogger had decided to play ball) and I'm really pleased with the way it turned out:



It's embeddable (click on the icons and they whizz you to whichever of my networks you've selected) and it's given me a profile page to tell people a bit about myself - should they care - and to embed widgets and other bits and pieces on. I've added nearly all my networks, social and professional, and then ordered them in terms of use.

Handily, it's fairly easy to customise, as I found when Bambuser wasn't among the options listed, and it also picks up widgets I've made on various sites and gives me the option to include them if I wish.

I've added it as a permanent badge on my blog, but I can embed it on any of my sites if I want. Oh, and you can pay for an upgraded service too, but I'm quite happy with this one.
Of course, I could have mashed my Friendfeed rss into a widget and come up with something a bit like this, but it wouldn't have looked as nice I suspect. And, thanks to Retaggr, I haven't had to.

No comments: